First thing – get eclipse. Some people recommend the J2EE – I don’t. the regular java version works great for me. Eclipse doesn’t have an installer. That’s not a problem, just extract it where you can find it, say, c:\program files.
Next thing – you go to the android website and download the sdk.
Download the ADT Plugin
- Start Eclipse, then select Help > Install New Software.
- Click Add, in the top-right corner.
- In the Add Repository dialog that appears, enter “ADT Plugin” for the Name and the following URL for the Location:
- Click OK.
- mark all the options
- wait a very long time.
Next thing, you need to enable the ADT Plugin. to do that:
- Start eclipse
- Select Window > Preferences… to open the Preferences panel (Mac OS X: Eclipse > Preferences).
- Select Android from the left panel.
- For the SDK Location in the main panel, click Browse… and locate your downloaded SDK directory.
- Click Apply, then OK.